Australian Organic, Australia’s leading organic industry body, last week hosted their third annual Australian Organic Awards for Excellence.
The Australian Organic Awards are a chance for individuals and businesses within the certified organic industry to come together and celebrate their achievements; and be recognised for their hard work and commitment to the industry.
“This year we were blown away with the popularity of our awards night,” said Australian Organic CEO Mr. Paul Stadhams. “Our event was sold out within 3 days of the tickets going on sale and we had an overwhelming response to award submissions this year. I think this is a real testament to the growth and popularity of certified organics across Australia.”
The Australian Organic industry is worth over $1.8billion to the Australian economy; a figure that grows annually. In addition there has been a 15% growth of Australian certified products exported into international markets; allowing Australian Organic to arguably claim their famous ‘Bud’ logo as one of the most popular and recognised in the world.
The Australian Organic Awards presented 11 awards during the night and added an additional two individuals to their coveted Hall of Fame list.
- The Australian Organic Reader’s Choice Product of the Year 2016: Seasol International
- The Australian Organic Chairman’s Award 2016: Benalla Mushrooms
- Australian Organic Hall of Fame 2016: Roger Pitt (Co-Owner and Executive Director of Kadac ), Howard Rubin (Owner of The Koala Tea Company)
- Australian Organic Best Certified Product 2016 (Non-food): Nutrisoil Liquid Biological Fertiliser
- Australian Organic Best Certified Product 2016 (Food): Barambah Organics
- Australian Organic Best Certified Product of the Year 2016 (Beverage): Daylesford and Hepburn Mineral Springs Co. Organics Range
- Australian Organic Best Certified Product of the Year 2016 (Cosmetic): Savi, Soothe – All Skin Types, Savi Organics
- Australian Organic Retailer of the Year 2016: Garden Organics
- Australian Organic Business of the Year 2016: Eclipse Organics
- Australian Organic Export Market Leader Award 2016: Arcadian & Natural Meat Co.
- Australian Organic Young Organic Leader Award 2016: Cocolife Australia
- Australian Organic Farmer of the Year Award 2016: Murray River Organics