- 3D Printing
- air compressors
- beverage processing
- CBC Australia
- energy efficiency
- Food Business
- food industry
- food manufacturing
- Food processing
- Gates Australia
- GS1 Australia
- Internet of things
- inventory software
- Lion Dairy
- Plant Protein
- Rockwell Automation
- Total Construction
- Unleashed software
- Small brands, big impact: why craft beer is top of the hops
The brewing industries in many countries are undergoing dramatic changes, with increasing numbers of craft breweries challenging the traditional volume-based business model of major corporations.
- Quit your whinging, it’s our fault! AUSBUY’s take on Simplot and McCains cutbacks
In light of recent announcements from Simplot and McCains regarding cutbacks to their produce supply, AUSBUY have come out to say that when it comes down to it, the only ones to blame are ourselves.
- The rise of Australia as a wine nation
Not only are we drinking less overall, but beer no longer dominates the contents of the national glass. Consumption trends now show that wine may soon be our drink of choice.
- Australia has lost control of its agribusiness to foreigners: Truss
Nationals leader Warren Truss has warned Australia has lost control of its agribusinesses and declared a new takeover bid poses a critical test for the Foreign Investment Review Board.
- Wins & woes in food manufacturing: Part three
There are obvious pros and cons to manufacturing wine on a small island off the coast of SA, but Yale Norris, general manager of Islander Estate Vineyards, says he wouldn’t change a thing if he had his time again.
- Are we allowing our fruit industry to wither?
The sight of Victorian citrus farmers bulldozing surplus trees due to the loss of supply contracts is a dramatic way to illustrate the quandary facing both Australian industry and growers.
- Boys prefer foods spruiked by sports celebs: study
Boys are more likely to choose unhealthy foods with on-pack endorsements by sports stars than those without, a new study of primary school-aged children has found.
- The five bottlenecks in Australia’s wine industry
IBISWorld has released its Wine Manufacturing in Australia 2012-13 report, and lists five key inhibitors to growth and success in the industry.
- Wins & woes in food manufacturing: Part two
It took the collapse of a fellow South Australian brand for Phil Sims, CEO of confectioner Robern Menz to realise just how supportive Australian consumers are of homegrown brands.
- Concentrated facts on juice and health
As the size of the average Australian waistline continues to expand, everything from salt intake, fat content and sugar have been under scrutiny, forcing businesses to develop healthier alternatives.
- New Food Magazine Awards judges announced
The Food Mag team is pleased to announce a refreshed new judging panel for this year’s Food Magazine awards.
- Business intelligence: code for success
Total cost of equipment ownership, preventative maintenance and quality systems on-line are global and domestic trends in coding, marking and labelling.
- The great palm oil debate: how the consumer turned an industry on its head
Heightened consumer awareness surrounding palm oil farming practices has resulted in protests and boycotts the world over, causing producers to re-think the ingredient composition of many of their processed offerings.
- International insights from the World Packaging Organisation
The seven international speakers who formed part of the World Packaging Conference at the recent AUSPACK PLUS in Sydney, had some very valuable lessons to share with Australia’s packaging community.
- 24 hours with The Right Food Group
Anni Brownjohn from The Right Food Group has taken part in Food mag’s Industry Map, shedding light on the trials and tribulations of being in the food manufacturing industry.
- Eating insects: good for you, good for the environment
What are the arguments for entomophagy, and why on earth does the United Nations want us to do this apparently disgusting thing?
- Conveyor cooking systems rolling towards profit
The use of advanced conveyor cooking systems is improving product quality and cooking efficiencies among food processors in Australia – and saving on costs.
- How effective is a voluntary code?
As the Australian Food and Grocery Council wraps up the final tweaks in its proposed voluntary code of conduct for supermarkets and food and grocery manufacturers, questions regarding the effectiveness of self regulation in our duopolistic market have been raised.
- The future of packaging and processing revealed at AUSPACK PLUS [video]
AUSPACK PLUS, the largest biennial packaging and processing machinery and materials exhibition in Australia featured a myriad of new and innovative ideas and processes from around the globe.
- Wins & woes in food manufacturing: Part One
In this three part series, food producers and manufacturers in South Australia shed light on the trials and tribulations of manufacturing in Australia today. First up is Peter Davis from Island Beehive.