- 2019 Food and Beverage Awards
- 2019 Food awards
- circular economy
- converyor systems
- DAF system
- Factories of the Future
- Food Allergies
- Food and Beverage Industry awards
- food awareds
- FoodTech 2019
- Food waste
- GS1 barcodes
- junk food
- Meat and Livestock Australia
- packaging waste
- Poly Chain
- poly chain belts
- Smart Farm
- smart homes
- smart technologies
- South Australia
- south australian wine
- Vitafoods 2019
- western australia
- Food companies and grocery retailers stepping up to tackle obesity: report
Results from the latest Consumer Goods Forum (CGF) Health & Wellness Progress Report, prepared in conjunction with Deloitte Global, indicate steady progress is being made by consumer products companies towards the goals set by the organisations for themselves in the global battle to tackle obesity. The report is based on a global survey of 83 … Continue reading Food companies and grocery retailers stepping up to tackle obesity: report
- WA tourism push needs more beer
The Western Australian Government’s goal to raise the value of tourism to $12 billion by 2020 could be boosted by more attention to ales, pilsners and lagers.
- Wine Australia appoints Regional General Manager Greater China
Wine Australia has appointed experienced China hand, David Lucas, to the new role of Regional General Manager Greater China.
- Country of Origin labelling – how to get it right
From 1 July 2018, Australian businesses will have to fully comply with the new Country of Origin Labelling laws. On that date any products carrying old labels will have to be removed from retail shelves.
- SMC makes the grade in the FORBES Global 2000
Japanese automation firm, SMC, has been listed in the FORBES Global 2000 as one of the world’s largest public companies.
- Australian nut innovators meet world-first innovation challenge
The Australian Macadamia Industry Marketing Program has created the platform to drive innovation and new demand for macadamias.
- Discovery shows wine grapes gasping for breath
University of Adelaide researchers have discovered how grapes “breathe”, and that shortage of oxygen leads to cell death in the grape.
- A beer lover’s guide to the High Country Hops Festival
The High Country Hops Festival is coming to Beechworth, Victoria on March 24-25.
- Changing dietary preferences and industry focus could see the pea protein market explode
The global pea protein market size was 11.5 kilo tons in the year 2015 and is expected to go beyond 33 kilo tons by 2023.
- Free trade focus overlooks lack of SMEs exporting, says export group
Australia is having the wrong debate about trade and more focus needs to be put on the small number of SMEs which are exporting, according to the Export Council of Australia.
- ACCC flags concerns about Saputo-Murray Goulburn deal
The ACCC says its concerns are solely in relation to Murray Goulburn’s Koroit dairy plant in western Victoria, in particular the impact the acquisition will have on competition for farmers’ milk in the area.
- Johnnie Walker changes iconic label, replaces man with a woman
Johnnie Walker has unveiled Jane Walker, the first-ever female iteration of the brand’s Striding Man logo.
- Wiley awarded Bundaberg sugar terminal roofs upgrade project
The project involves the roof replacement and recladding of galbestos on two existing bulk sugar terminals, spanning over 30,000m2, which will remain in operation during construction.
- Two NSW deaths linked to listeria-infected rockmelon
The NSW Food Authority is advising consumers who are most vulnerable to Listeria infection such as older persons, and people who have weakened immune systems to avoid eating rockmelon.
- How IIoT revolutionises processes throughout the supply chain
With new technology revolutionising manufacturing and retailing processes at every point in the supply chain, we are now looking to take a dive into the world of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). IIoT is a central technology for Industry 4.0 and is linked to other core concepts, including system integration, big data, and cloud … Continue reading How IIoT revolutionises processes throughout the supply chain
- Fulfilment by Amazon launches for Australian Businesses
The thousands of businesses registered to sell on Amazon’s Australian Marketplace can now access Fulfilment by Amazon.
- World Packaging Organisation welcomes new board member for ANZ
Nerida Kelton has been nominated by her peers to take on the position of the ANZ delegate to the World Packaging Organisation.
- Healthy foods the ‘new normal’ in WA public schools, research finds
The traffic light policy for canteens has made the food and drinks provided in WA public schools healthier and provided a good opportunity to teach children about healthy eating, the majority of stakeholders surveyed in new research led by Curtin University say. The research, which was funded by the WA Department of Health and conducted … Continue reading Healthy foods the ‘new normal’ in WA public schools, research finds
- MEGATRANS2018 continues to gather steam
A number of companies which are of particular interest to food and beverage manufacturers have recently signed up as exhibitors.
- $10.3m upgrade for iconic Cascade Brewery
Carlton & United Breweries is significantly increasing Cascade’s brewing capability and launching Cascade as a significant craft brewery.