Total drinks industry deals for Q2 2020 worth $1.15bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked a decrease of 79.7 per cent over the previous quarter and a drop of 78.9% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $5.47bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 26 per cent over the last four-quarter average with 97 deals against the average of 131 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $619.29m.
Drinks industry deals in Q2 2020 top deals:
The top five drinks deals accounted for 70.3 per cent of the overall value during Q2 2020. The combined value of the top five drinks deals stood at $810.91m, against the overall value of $1.15bn recorded for the month.
The top five drinks industry deals of Q2 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Shanghai Yuyuan Tourist Mart’s $265.91m acquisition of Jinhui Liquor
- The $255m asset transaction with Constellation Brands by SazeracInc
- E. & J. Gallo Winery’s $130m asset transaction with Constellation Brands
- The $100m venture financing of Nayuki by Shenzhen Capital Group
- Engaged Capital and Oaktree Capital Management’s private equity deal with SunOpta for $60m.