ResearchAndMarkets.com have released a new Global Stevia Market report determining the market outlook for sugar replacement, stevia, over the next five years is forecast to show moderate growth.
The “Stevia Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026″ report reflected the global stevia market reached a value of US$590 million in 2020.
A natural sweetener extracted from the plant species Stevia Rebaudiana, stevia is completely natural and contains zero calories despite being 200 times sweeter than sugar. It also contains antioxidant compounds such as flavonoids, triterpenes, tannins, caffeic acid, kaempferol and quercetin.
With rising awareness, consumers have widely substituted sugar with stevia while numerous food and beverage manufacturers are using it in coffee, tea, smoothies and yoghurt to accommodate health-conscious customers.
Stevia is also known to provide health benefits such as controlling diabetes, aiding weight loss and regulating blood pressure and sugar levels. Growing awareness about these advantages has led to an increase in demand, which is why it has now commercially grown across the globe.
The sweetener also acts as a steroid, helping to prevent the spread of bacteria. Therefore, it is used in topical applications for skin conditions like eczema and dermatitis.
With health-conscious consumers becoming more inclined toward low-calorie sweeteners like stevia, sales are increasing across the globe. Other factors which are influencing market growth include changing lifestyles, growing disposable incomes and several initiatives undertaken by some governments, to minimise sugar intake in combating health problems like obesity and diabetes.
Some of the key questions answered in the Global Stevia Market report include:
- How has the global stevia market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the market?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global stevia market?
- What are the major end use industries in the market?
- What are the popular extract types in the industry?
- What are the price trends of stevia?
- What are the key success and risk factors in the market?
- Who are the key manufacturers in the market?
- How is stevia manufactured?
- What are the raw material requirements for the manufacturing of stevia?
- What is the supply-demand of various feedstocks that are used in the manufacturing of stevia?
- Who are the key manufacturers of stevia feedstock?
For more information on the report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/kezley.