The 2009 Safety In Action Conference will feature speakers who are shaping the direction of business management in Australia.
Among them is Barry Sherriff, who will offer insights as a member of the National Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Review Panel and Professor Michael Quinlan, author of a 422-page expert investigation into OHS management at the Beaconsfield Joint Venture Gold Mine.
Other equally influential speakers will be Federal Safety Commissioner Helen Marshall and John Merritt, executive director of WorkSafe Victoria.
The conference will also hear from high-profile Australian business leaders, including Janet Holmes à Court and the CEO of Downer EDI, Geoff Knox.
The keynote speakers will headline a program of 72 local and international experts addressing 12 themes during the March 31 to April 2 program.
These will include:
- Community & Public Safety
- Corporate Governance & OHS Managers
- Defence OHS & Emergency Management
- Environment and Sustainability – The Evolving Landscape
- Lessons from Major Incidents
- Managing Safety in Small and Medium Business
- Recruitment, Labour Hire & Contractor Management
- Risk Management
- Safety Education – For A Safe Australia
- Safety Culture & Workplace Behaviour – So Near, Yet So Far
- 2020 Summit on Transport
- Wellness in the Workplace
Safety In Action Conference chair, Philip Kamay, said conference delegates would take home highly relevant OHS knowledge.
“Each presentation and the conference’s interactive events and workshops include practical information to make your workplace safer and more productive,” he said.
Jointly sponsored by WorkSafe Victoria and Downer EDI, the Safety In Action Conference runs from March 31 to April 2 in 2009 at the Melbourne Convention Centre and will also mark the 60th anniversary of host, the Safety Institute of Australia.
The Safety In Action trade show will be held concurrently at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre.