The Food Mag team is pleased to announce a refreshed new judging panel for this year's Food Magazine awards.
The fully-independent panel comprises 11 food and beverage manufacturing professionals, each with something valuable to bring to the table – whether it be knowledge of the latest packaging trends, food safety innovations, groundbreaking flavour combinations or developments in how manufacturers can work more sustainably.
With a total of 129 entries, we've spent the past few days deliberating over which products are most worthy of a finalist crown, and have only just sent the panel their judging kits. (We'll be announcing each category's finalists online in the coming weeks, and of course also in our June/July issue, due out around 17 June).
The 2013 Food Magazine Awards judging panel is as follows:
- Pierre Pienaar – education co-ordinator at the Australian Institute of Packaging and owner of packaging consulting business, PackTech Solutions Pty Ltd.
- Ralph Moyle – director, Packaging Solutions and national president at the Australian Institute of Packaging.
- Fritz Meyer – head of technical – Asia Pacific Zone, McCormick Foods
- John Kapos – owner Perfection Chocolates and Sweets
- Paul Squires – director, Sensory Solutions
- Ron Mines – director, Aussie Pack n Ship
- Craig Young – senior marketing manager, SunRice
- Andrew Penton – senior brand manager, Sanitarium
- Mitchell Taylor – managing director, Taylors Wines, chairman Australia's First Families of Wine
- Mike Weeks – process performance manager, Dairy Innovation Australia
- Peter Day – executive director – compliance, investigation and enforcement at the NSW Food Authority
The judges' decisions will be announced at the 9th annual Food Magazine Awards gala dinner, held at Luna Park’s Crystal Palace on Friday 26 July.
Our MCs for the night will once again be The Chaser boys, most recently of The Checkout fame, who will no doubt ensure the night is full of laughs and hilarious industry insights.
Categories for this year's awards include Packaging Design, Sustainable Manufacturing, Snack Foods, Confectionery, Dairy, Organics, Beverages and many more.
The 2013 Food Magazine Awards are proudly brought to you by Platinum sponsor Heat and Control. Other sponsors include Flavour Makers, Janbak, HACCP Australia, Kerry Ingredients, Newly Weds Foods, Tronics, APPMA, Earlee Products, Matthews and Kurz.
For more information on the evening, click here.