The increasing volume of data in manufacturing, and new possibilities for interaction between human and machine, are leading to extensive changes in the field of industrial visualisation.
Thanks to the new SIMATIC HMI Unified Comfort Panels, from Siemens, users are assured the capability to implement innovative operating concepts, that make sense for their operations – both today, and in the future.
The new generation of Siemens high-end HMI devices, range in size from 7 to 22 inches, and are part of the SIMATIC WinCC Unified system. Compared to the predecessor devices, the new generation offers numerous improvements, regarding performance, openness and ease of use.
Thanks to the capacitive glass front, with multitouch technology, the Unified Comfort Panels are as easy to operate as a smartphone or tablet. Vibrant colours and high contrasts improve the readability of the display and user friendliness.
The new visualization system in the TIA Portal is based on SIMATIC WinCC Unified. It offers users many new possibilities and functionalities across all device sizes.
The option to extend the functionality of the devices through apps is generally new in the SIMATIC HMI product portfolio. Until now, HMI Panels were used exclusively for visualization software. Thanks to the integration of Siemens Industrial Edge, users can now run other programs at the same time in addition to the standard device functionality. This makes for quick and easy implementation of project-specific requirements.
Size doesn’t matter
- All six sizes of the Unified Comfort Panels offer the same number of hardware interfaces and functionality. All you need to do is choose the panel size.
Easy to use thanks to multi-touch
- Smartphone operation is the benchmark: Thanks to multi-touch technology, controlling the Unified Comfort Panels is as simple as it is elegant, offering maximum convenience with high contrast and the best readability.
Remote access via web client
- The maintenance-free web client enables flexible remote access to the visualisation, independent of local operation, at the device. Access is via the web browser without additional software.
Siemens Industrial Edge-enabled
- The new SIMATIC HMI Unified Comfort Panels are Edge-enabled. This opens up new possibilities, such as functional expansion through apps, and the processing and analysis of data directly at the machine.
- The proprietary operating system – based on SIMATIC Industrial OS – enables maximum security. As a result, unneeded interfaces and system apps can be disabled or uninstalled. Despite its openness and expandability, the panels are more secure than ever before.
From start to finish, controlling and monitoring of the food production process, just became easier with Siemens HMI Panels.
Contact your local APS Industrial representative to enquire about Siemens HMI Panels