Smithy’s, Australian beer brand, has added five new beers to its collection, marking the first time all classic beer styles have been brought together under a single Australian brand.
Brewed in honour of football pioneer and original AFL rule-maker Thomas Henry Smith, Smithy’s delivers a collection of clean, uncomplicated beers at a decent price. Smithy’s pays homage to AFL’s history with labels that reflect the shape of the sports’ ground and the stripes of a football jersey.
Smithy’s revamped range now includes Premium Lager, Bitter, Dry Lager, Mid-Strength and Draught:
- Draught: Full-strength, clean beer with a delicate hop aroma. Refreshing with well-balanced bitterness, offering a taste exactly like consumer favourite beers on tap. Bronze award winner for Best Australian Style Lager at the Australian International Beer Awards 2021.
- Bitter: Full flavoured, full-bodied beer that offers more hops with just the right amount of malt. Smithy’s Bitter is clean, crisp and balanced.
- Dry Lager: Refreshing, full strength lager with a smooth and dry finish. Smithy’s Dry has 50 per cent less carbs than a standard lager, due to its unique brewing process that actively reduces the amount of available sugar. Full on flavour and a silver award winner at the Australian International Beer Awards 2021.
- Premium Lager: Smithy’s Premium only uses the finest ingredients, creating a refreshing lager that is the perfect balance between malt and hop aromas with a subtle, fruity finish.
- Mid-Strength: Smooth, clean and balanced lager offering a classic malty finish with less alcohol and a crisp and refreshing finish. Silver award winner at the Australian International Beer Awards.
The collection comes in both bottles and cans and all are available in a 6 pack or 24 pack carton at Liquorland and First Choice Liquor Market.
With most beer lovers remaining loyal to mainstream brews over craft beer, classic local brews have been the top choice for Coles Liquor customers. This was accelerated during the COVID-19 lockdown, with consumers craving the crisp taste of a classic tap beer.
Classic Australian beers account for more than 60 per cent of beer sales across Liquorland and First Choice Liquor Market, driving total growth in sales of the beverage by more than 10 per cent year on year.
There was a high customer demand for classic beer styles and home-grown ingredients, Coles Liquor business category manager Richard Bryant said.
“Alongside the well-known surge in craft beer, a revolution has been brewing as our customers seek out the satisfaction of an honest, uncomplicated Aussie beer like a Draught, Bitter or Lager,” Bryant said.
“We’re proud to introduce the extended Smithy’s range, which offers a beer for every taste and preference under one, familiar brand. Whether Australians are watching their favourite sporting team, taking in the view after finishing a hike or at home around the BBQ, the refreshed Smithy’s range is about getting together with mates to enjoy life’s simple pleasures.
“As our customers continue to focus on shopping local, we’re confident that the Smithy’s range will become a favourite for many,” he said.
The new Smithy’s range is now available at Liquorland and First Choice Liquor market stores, Australia wide.