The Confectionery Manufacturers of Australasia (CMA) announced that John Borell, managing director of Melbourne-based confectioner GKC Foods, is the 2007 recipient of the Alfred Stauder Award for Excellence, a prestigious award that recognises an individual’s contribution to the industry by way of research, product development and innovation, or marketing.
The award was announced at the CMA’s annual business forum ConBiz, held at Kingscliff, NSW, during October.
Other nominees included:
- Edward Best (formerly of Cadbury Schweppes)
- Frank Miller (formerly of Cadbury Schweppes)
- Professor David Buisson (Assistant Dean, Queensland University of Technology)
- Consultant John Lee (Confectionery Consulting, Apercu)
- John Skingle (National Sales Manager, Allsep’s Confectionery)
- Norm Lewin (Founder, Lewin’s Confectionery)
- Jacques Vasseur (Director, The Sugarless Company).
On winning, Borell said: “It is very humbling to be thought of so highly by my peers within this industry.”
“The thing I have really enjoyed about being a part of the CMA and the confectionery industry is the collegiality that exists amongst us all. We are naturally competitive, but we are also supportive of each other.”