Citrus Australia is seeking nominations for this year’s citrus industry awards. Winners are to be decided by the Citrus Australia Board, and announced at the Market Outlook Forum, 3-4 March 2020 in Melbourne, Victoria.
We ask that you please consider your fellow industry colleagues, and put forward a nomination by 5pm Friday, 24 January 2020 to Company Secretary Kellie Nulty via email@example.com
You may nominate more than one person, for each of the following awards:
Value Chain Innovator Award
This is a biennial award, to companies or individuals, who have dedicated time to innovation in their field. This may be in design, engineering, technology, or development, with an idea to improve economic growth, sustainability, cost savings, customer satisfaction, efficiency and so on.
Winners of the award in 2018 were:
- 2PH for the development of the Phoenix Mandarin
- Venus Citrus for their premium packaging and display of fruit
- Pacific Fresh for their new variety development
In your nomination for the Value Chain Innovator Award, please include the nominated name (company or individual) and the reason why you are nominating them, including examples.
Hall of Fame
This is an annual award in the form of a life membership to growers who have left the industry. To be inducted into the ‘Citrus Australia Hall of Fame’, growers should have:
- Provided outstanding service to the industry
- Been active in the industry, by serving on a Citrus Australia committee, or having volunteered their time
- Further developed the industry, by having taken the industry and Citrus Australia forward
Winners of the award in 2019 were:
- Andrew Weigall
- John Davidson (posthumously)
In your nomination for the Hall of Fame, please include the nominated name (individual) and the reason why you are nominating them, including examples.