The Australian Institute of Packaging (AIP) will be running a new Advanced Training Course on the Sustainable Packaging Guidelines on the 12 October – and all of industry is invited to attend. Read more
The Australian Institute of Packaging (AIP) is heading over to Perth on the 29th and 30th of October to run our ‘Tools to Help you Meet the 2025 National Packaging Targets: PREP & ARL training course + Cleanaway Materials Recovery Facility Site Visit’ and participate in the ‘WA food and beverage packaging forum’ being held on Wednesday the 30th of October.
Event 1. AIP Training Course | Tools to Help You Meet the 2025 National Packaging Targets: PREP & ARL – 29 October 2019
Overview of course:
- Is your business doing enough to ensure that 100% of your packaging is reusable, recyclable or compostable by 2025?
- Have you audited your current packaging for recyclability?
- Have you started using the Packaging Recyclability Evaluation Portal (PREP) during your design process?
- Are you looking for a way to validate your on-pack recyclability labelling?
- If a consumer picked up your product, would they easily understand which bin to put it in?
- Are you shifting your packaging design to incorporate the Australasian Recycling Label (ARL)?
If you answered no to any of these questions, then this training course is for you.
This training course will enable participants to gain a better understanding of how using PREP and applying the ARL can help your business to meet the 2025 National Packaging Targets. The course will also enable participants to have a better and more realistic view of what packaging is truly recyclable and being recycled in Australia. Understanding these tools will enable agencies and marketers to provide verifiable and consistent recyclability information to their consumers.
Limited spots available so don’t miss out! Click here to register.
Event 2. WA Food & Beverage Packaging Forum: 30 October 2019
Presented by the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development in partnership with the Australian Institute of Packaging (AIP) and the Australian Institute of Food Science and Technology (AIFST), this forum will bring you up to speed with the latest in packaging design to impact sustainability, food safety and shelf life extension. With an expo showcasing local packaging suppliers, attendees will be given the opportunity to bring their own packaging and book in a brief 1:1 consultation session with a packaging expert. Consultation places are limited and bookings are essential.
Secure your place and attend presentations on:
- Global Packaging Trends
- Packaging Design & Consumer Insights
- Sustainable Packaging, E.g. Food waste and packaging design criteria to save food; Plastic, glass and metal packaging and their impact on the environment; Understanding the full life cycle of packaging: Non-renewable resources, plant-based bioplastics, compostable and recycled alternatives; Reusable packaging and related food safety; Sustainable packaging design; Recycling in Western Australia.
- Food Safety & Shelf Life Extension, E.g. Food safety; Shelf life and design elements; Current technologies for shelf life extension; Selecting the right label to suit the package.
AIP Members receive a discount to attend. Click here to register.