ICP Australia has introduced ICP DAS’ PMC-5151 intelligent power meter concentrator, developed for energy saving purpose.
The PMC-5151 is a web-based intelligent power meter concentrator developed by ICP DAS. It offers webpage interface and features various functions such as: power data collection, logic control, power dmand management, data logger and alarm notification functions.
This Intelligent Power Meter Concentrator PMC-5151 allows connections to ICP DAS Smart Power Meters via RS-485 or Ethernet interface to read the power data of the devices measured by the power meters; and then real-time record the power values in the data logger file. It also provides data logger file auto send-back function; together with PMC data server software or SCADA software, it allows collection and analysis of the power data and comes equipped with built-in Web Server that allows direct connections via browsers to the PMC-5151 for viewing power data and setting up the system parameters. It also offers Modbus TCP/RTU Slave function that allows SCADA software or HMI devices to connect to PMC-5151 to get real-time power data of the devices via Modbus TCP/RTU protocol.
In addition to ICP DAS XW-board and M-7000 I/O modules, the PMC-5151 can also connect to standard Modbus TCP/RTU Slave modules. By working with the I/O modules, and functions such as IF-THEN-ELSE logic rule execution and alarm notification functions including Email/SMS/SNMP Trap, PMC-5151 offers more thought-out power demand management and alarm notification functions and is able to perform load shedding of the devices if required, and enables real-time monitoring and control of the power consumption of the devices.
Key features of the product include:
- No extra software tool is required, using browsers to perform system operations
- Support at most 24 ICP DAS Modbus power meter Modules + 8 Modbus I/O modules” (Max. total of 16 TCP type modules)
- COM2 and COM3 interface can connect to Max. 16 Modbus RTU modules (include power meter and I/O module) individually.
- LAN Interface can connect to max. 16 Modbus TCP modules (Include power meter and I/O module).
- Support at most 4 ICP DAS PM-4324 series power meters.
- Display real-time or historical power data (in Data table or chart form)
- Provide power data statistics report (daily and monthly report)
- Data file auto send-back and recovery when network is resumed after disconnection
- Built-In If-Then-Else logic engine for thought-out power demand management
- Provide alarm message notification function via email or SMS (for SMS message sending, GTM-203M-3GWA is required)
- Adjust device operations by its power status via Modbus I/O modules
- Provide schedule function for operations of I/O modules (devices)
- Support Modbus TCP/RTU slave protocol for seamless integration with SCADA
- Support standard SNMP protocol
- With PMC data server software, allow importing the power data into database