Aroma Coffee Roastery has been named the ‘Champion Australian Roaster’ at the 2014 Australian International Coffee Awards (AICA) conducted by the Royal Agricultural Society of Victoria (RASV).
This year the AICA received 800 entries and 170 medals were awarded – 12 gold, 43 silver and 115 bronze, to entrants from Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong and Japan.
RASV CEO Mark O’Sullivan said the 2014 AICA was an overwhelming success with significant growth in entries from Australian and international roasters.
“In only its second year the program has experienced a remarkable 30 per cent increase in entries.
The RASV is proud to give coffee roasters a unique and exciting platform to showcase and benchmark their products against the highest international standards,” O’Sullivan said. “We acknowledge the contribution made by this year’s judges and congratulate all Australian International Coffee Awards entrants and winners.”
New Zealand’s Toasted Expresso won ‘Champion International Roaster’ and Victoria took home six of the 12 gold medals awarded, including the trophy for Champion Milk-Based Coffee awarded to Reverence Coffee Roasters.
Held annually by the Royal Agricultural Society of Victoria (RASV), the AICA is Australia’s first international coffee roasting competition, celebrating and promoting Australian and international coffee roasting excellence, with categories for Espresso, Milk Based and Filter Coffee.
AICA Trophy and Gold Medal Winners
Champion Australian Roaster
Aroma Coffee Roastery Pty Ltd, New South Wales, Australia
Champion International Roaster
Toasted Espresso, Auckland, New Zealand
Espresso Trophy winner
Four Elements, Danes Gourmet Coffee, New South Wales, Australia
Milk based Trophy winner
Carousel, Reverence Coffee Roasters, Victoria, Australia
Filter Trophy winner
No. 1 Ruby Street, Aroma Coffee Roastery Pty Ltd, New South Wales, Australia
Espresso gold medal winners
· No. 1 Ruby Street, Aroma Coffee Roastery Pty Ltd, New South Wales, Australia
· Dr Jekyll Project, Espresso Syndicate, VIC, Australia
· Rush Espresso, Rush Coffee Ltd, New Zealand
· Bella Italia Tuscany, Pine Tea & Coffee Pty Ltd, New South Wales, Australia
· Drummer Boy, Coffee Cartel, Victoria, Australia
· Seasonal Speciality Blend, Coffex Coffee, Victoria, Australia
· Track 3, Clark St Roasters, Victoria, Australia
Filter gold medal winners
· 3 Africans, The Maling Room, Victoria, Australia
· Filter This! by Ristretto, Ristretto Coffee Roasters (Black Fire PL), Western Australia, Australia
For more information, click here.