The discovery of horse meat in a range of food products in Europe and the UK has – and continues to have – far-reaching effects on the global food manufacturing industry. This infographic goes back to basics, explaining how this whole sorry story started, and which countries have been hardest hit.
Here are a few links to help you catch up:
- Horse meat discovered in UK lasagnes
- Tesco stores recall burgers amid horse meat findings
- Horse meat scandal continues to spread
- Horse meat scandal is about breach of consumer trust
- IKEA cuts meatballs after horsemeat finding