Product name: The Spice Tailor
Product manufacturer: The Spice Tailor
Ingredients: Coconut Milk, Onion, Garlic, Ginger, Coriander, Garam Masala, Guntoor Chilli, Black Cardamon
Shelf life: Two years
Packaging: Three transparent ingredient pouches, riveted together and held with an eye-catching sleeve, keep the product looking fresh and delicious, reflecting the three easy steps to cook an authentic Indian meal in just 10 minutes.
Product manager: Mike Toms
Brand website: http://www.thespicetailor.com/
What the company says
The Spice Tailor range of eight authentic and easy-to-cook at home Indian sauces is set to change the way Australians cook curry at home.
Aussies will be able to whip up a Keralan Coconut Curry or a Rustic Rogan Josh in just 10 minutes, following three simple steps. But the light, delicate flavours and fresh authentic aromas of each sauce will ensure that convenience doesn’t compromise quality.
The Spice Tailor is the brainchild of British chef Anjum Anand, the international face of modern Indian cooking, who created the range out of a desire to make her native food lighter and more accessible.
The Spice Tailor will be available exclusively on the shelves of Coles supermarkets for just $4.99 RRP from Monday 8 July. Each sauce is free from artificial colours, preservatives and added flavours.
The Spice Tailor range of sauces creates eight delicious flavours:
- Keralan Coconut Curry: a coconut-based dish flavoured with curry leaves and mustard seeds and soured with tomatoes and tamarind. A true classic from the state named after the coconut.
- Original Tikka Masala: this dish is firmly rooted in Indian history. An Indian classic, Tikka Masala inspired the invention of Australian favourite, Butter Chicken.
- Rustic Rogan Josh: similar to the Kashmir original, this dish shares the distinctive blend of spices and depth of flavour but is deep and hearty like a North Indian curry should be.
- Delicate Korma Curry: sumptuous ingredients such as cream, nuts, dried fruit and saffron were added to bring extra glamour and richness to this divine dish.
- Spiced Spinach Curry: a typical everyday dish of Punjab, the beauty of this curry is that it subtly takes on different notes depending on which ingredient you add to it.
- Mangalore Herb Curry: a lighter, lesser known dish with fresh and fragrant flavours of coriander and mint, with a hint of coconut to bring it all together.
- Punjabi Tomato Curry: the North Indian province of Punjab is known for rustic and robust curries with hearty flavours of onions, ginger, garlic, tomatoes and warming spices throughout. This curry has extra onions for a sweeter, thicker base and more tomatoes for a beautifully balanced taste.
- Southern Pepper Curry: this Southern Pepper Curry combines black pepper, curry leaves and fennel seeds with a harmonious tomato based sauce that gives the dish a fragrant punch, making it truly unique.