A 30-year old man has died after a freezer roof collapsed at an abattoir in New South Wales yesterday.
WorkCover NSW is investigating the incident, which occured at Primo Smallgoods in Scone.
According to WorkCover NSW, initial reports indicate that the worker was sweeping the floor of a blast freezer at the abattoir when components of the roof collapsed due to overloading.
Investigations so far have indicated that a build up of ice on the roof may have been a contributing factor.
WorkCover has commenced an investigation and are also arranging for structural and refrigeration experts to inspect the site.
At the conclusion of its investigation, WorkCover NSW will prepare a report for the Coroner.